3. Cloudera Enterprise
Cloudera Enterprise is a Big Data and data analytics platform that integrates multiple data governance processes. Among the functions it offers for data governance management we have:
- Cloudera Navigator: it is a data governance tool that enables organizations to discover, understand and track the use of their data over time.
- Cloudera DataLineage: it is a tool that enables organizations to track and understand how data moves, transforms and is used throughout their systems and applications.
- Cloudera Data Governance Suite: it is a suite of data governance tools that includes Cloudera Navigator and Cloudera DataLineage, as well as additional features for metadata management, data quality and data security.
In addition, Cloudera Enterprise offers security features to protect data and comply with data privacy standards. It is also scalable and integrates with other tools and technologies such as Hadoop, Apache Spark, Apache Kafka, etc.
All in all, Cloudera Enterprise is a complete data management solution that helps organizations maintain control and visibility of their data, comply with data governance requirements and gain valuable insights from it.
Xplenty offers a variety of data governance solutions to help companies manage and monitor their data. These solutions include data management, data auditing, data monitoring, data governance, data security and data integration tools.
These tools enable enterprises to identify, understand and control data to improve data quality, meet regulatory compliance requirements and ensure data integrity.
In addition, Xplenty also offers the ability to manage and monitor data in real time, to enable companies to respond to changes in data quickly.
5. Data governance tools for Power BI
As of today, Power BI is Microsoft’s flagship business intelligence platform; it is also the leading BI and analytics platform in the market according to the latest Gartner Magic Quadrant. Through this solution, Microsoft provides its users with comprehensive access to the company’s internal and external data. In addition, it generates global visual reports that are used to implement business strategies and make strategic decisions.
Despite the functionalities offered by Microsoft Power BI, it is possible to get better data governance features with optimization software:
- Power BI Viewer: This solution allows you to visualize all the reports generated in Microsoft Power BI in a single platform through a Power BI Embedded license. You can also share them with users outside the organization even if they don’t have a Power BI license. In addition, Power BI Viewer has the ability to increase security in the transmission of information, thanks to its access management and permissions per user, per report, category or per workspace system.
- Power BI Analytics: With Power BI Analytics you can view the history of the activity, exceeding the one-month limit offered by Microsoft’s default program. In addition, the information obtained from the history can be compared with license information. With this, you can optimize the use of Power BI in your company, make better use of your resources and, ultimately, save money.
- Power BI Data Catalog: This data governance solution is especially useful if you have a lot of data assets and reports or if your employees are not sufficiently trained or are not used to working with data. Power BI Data Catalog allows you to complement the datasets with functional and business descriptions, in addition to many other features to ensure the correct use of the information available.
Companies need data governance policies to ensure that data is secure, managed responsibly and used efficiently. They also establish a framework for regulating the use of data, which reduces the risk of data breaches and protects users’ privacy.
The data governance tools mentioned in this article can help organizations streamline and automate the management of their data efficiently and securely. This includes metadata management, data access management, data auditing, data quality management and compliance management. These tools can also help improve decision making by providing information about how data is used and how it has been collected.